Who we cover
Retirees that DO receive health and dental benefits through the Employes' Retirement System:
All others need to contact their agencies to learn about their coverage:
- Milwaukee Public Schools (Last names A-K)… 414-475-8158
- Milwaukee Public Schools (Last names L-Z)… 414-475-8233
- Milwaukee Area Technical College… 414-297-6504
- Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District… 414-225-2049
- Wisconsin Center District... 414-908-6000
If your agency is covered, upon retirement you are entitled to continue the medical and dental coverage in which you were enrolled as an active employee.
General City of Milwaukee retirees are eligible to continue with City of Milwaukee group health insurance if you had at least 15 years of City service. Premiums are based on negotiated labor agreements or Common Council resolutions.
Dental benefits can be continued for 18 months through COBRA after retirement from city service, at a rate of 100% of the full premium.
Retiree Benefits Guide
The 2023 Retiree Benefits Guide can be accessed here.