Wisconsin Residents

If you are a permanent Wisconsin resident, the ERS can withhold state taxes on your behalf. However, the ERS can only withhold state taxes for the State of Wisconsin. If you are a permanent resident outside of Wisconsin, you should check with the Department of Revenue in the state in which you reside to determine if your pension is subject to taxation. They can also advise you of alternative methods available to make deposits toward your estimated state tax liability.