Address Changes

The post office will NOT forward your pension check or direct deposit notification. You must notify our office in writing of address changes. This is for your protection. We don’t want your information going to someone else.


There are three ways to change your address:


1) Download a change of address form from our website. NOTE: If you log on to the ERS Member Self-Service by creating a user name and password, you can submit the address change to the ERS electronically.


2) Call the ERS office at (414) 286-3557 or 1-800-815-8418 and we will be glad to mail a change of address form to you.


3) On letter-sized paper, print your name, old address, new address, social security or payee ID number and sign.


Please let us know if the change is temporary or permanent and the effective date of the change. Mail your address change to: 789 N. Water St., Suite 300, Milwaukee WI 53202.


Be sure to submit a new tax withholding form as well. Your WI state tax withholdings will not automatically cease if you submit a change of address for out of state. You will need to complete a new tax withholding form to stop WI state withholdings. You may download the tax withholding form from our website at under “Benefits” “Pension Payment Information” “Tax withholding.” If you do not have internet access, you may contact the ERS office and we will mail you the required form.