Resignation Process

Members wishing to resign from employment with the City of Milwaukee must submit written notice to their Supervisor.  Once your department notifies the ERS of your resignation, the ERS will wait a minimum of 30 days to be sure all payroll has been processed and all the contributions to the pension plan have been credited.  Then the ERS will send a separation letter to the member informing them of the options available to them for their pension account.  If you have any further questions please contact the ERS.