Refund Application Process

Provided that you are eligible to withdraw your funds, have been counseled and have decided that you want to withdraw your funds, you should contact the ERS to request a refund application.  You can request a cash refund, you can request that your funds be rolled over to an IRA or other eligible employer plan – or a combination of both. Cash refunds may have tax implications – please consult with a tax professional. The refund application consists of a Refund Application form and a Waiver of Membership Rights form. The completed forms should be returned to the ERS. Once the properly-completed forms are received in the ERS, your refund will be processed as soon as administratively possible.  The refund process may take up to 90 days to complete.