The hot weather is upon us and now is a perfect time to remind ourselves to be safe this summer. Preventing injuries is important any time of the year, but summer offers some unique challenges.
Here are a few tips to help you stay safe this summer…
- If it is too hot for you, it is too hot for your pets.
- Have extra clean and cool water available all of the time.
- NEVER leave them in a parked car when it is even somewhat warm or pleasant out. And remember, the same goes for children.
- Do not grill with loose clothing that could come in contact with the grill.
- Do not add lighter fluid to an already lit fire.
- Dispose of hot coals properly.
- Never bring grills indoors, in garages or too close to the house.
- Check hoses for cracks and check air tubes for blockages on gas grills.
Enjoy the warm temperatures of the summer season, but always remember to play it safe